The StrongLoop API Platform features the popular open source LoopBack framework. LoopBack enables you to quickly compose scalable APIs, runs on top of the Express web framework and conforms to the Swagger 2.0 specification.
In this video, I showed how to quickly build and customize a REST API powered by LoopBack. Some things to make sure that they are there before applying this video:
- The model object (Cafeteria) used in this API is persistent in MongoDB. So make sure to start MongoDB before applying this video steps.
- Make sure to create an account in https://strongloop.com/register/ because you will use this account to access the API Composer.
- Make sure to have Node.JS installed in your machine: https://nodejs.org/en/
- Install StrongLoop by executing the following command:
$ npm install -g strongloop
- Know the purpose of the following commands:
$ slc loopback
This command creates a Node.js application using the LoopBack framework.
$ slc arc
This command runs StrongLoop Arc (which provides a GUI to define the app model), by default opening it in a web browser window.
The last part of this video shows how to customize the
CafeteriaRESTful API by implementing a new attribute
status. The cafeteria status can be accessed using
Enjoy watching the video: